Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Photomontage/Self Portrait

This is my first attempt at photomontage, and upon gazing around the classroom and from the examples given during the power point presentation in class, I feel like I have missed the mark on this assignment.


I stayed in my comfort zone and did what know. What I ended up with was a collage but one that did make a cohesive picture with a color scheme or a theme. I do feel that I represented myself and used symbols to do so.

One of my favorite symbols are puzzle pieces. There is a rhyme and reason to how there are arranged on the page but there is also a sense of hap-hazardness and chaos. They also can and do fit together but they are arranged that they are floating and sometimes takes some extra work to make everything fit together properly. As is a lot of things in life.

Each puzzle piece is a symbol. There are many images that include what I do for work. I enjoy my job a lot and has become a huge part of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment